rED rIVER cHARTER aCADEMY
dRESS CODE POLICY
all students are expeced to adhere to the following dress code policy. failure to comply will result in immediate disciplinary action.
Red River Charter Academy believes that a mandatory school uniform policy will provide a more secure environment, promote an atmosphere for greater discipline, and increase learning opportunities for all students. The student dress code policy shall apply to all students in grades 6-11. This policy shall apply to all students attending Red River Charter Academy. The principal shall make the final decision about proper or improper dress according to the guidelines provided. School Spirit Day and any other school activities requiring a deviation from the uniform policy will be left to the discretion of the principal. Any substantial complaint concerning the dress code shall be dealt with by the school administration.
- 6th – 8th grade wear Red Polo shirt or long sleeve shirt with collar and logo. 9th – 11th grade only wears Navy Blue shirt or long sleeve shirt with collar and logo. (Logo is not optional.) Logo is required on all outer wear: uniform shirt, pullovers, and sweatshirts.
- The school approved logo is placed on the left-hand side of the person wearing the garment.
- The monogram must be the designated, trademarked school logo.
NO OTHER MONOGRAMS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- ALL OTHER RRCA DESIGNS WILL BE CONSIDERED SPIRIT WEAR FOR DESIGNATED DAYS.
- Girls: Solid color Peter Pan collared shirts or regular polo shirts are allowed for girls
- Under shirts can only be white and the sleeve cannot be longer than the sleeve length of the uniform top.
- All shirts must be tucked in AT ALL TIMES. To ensure a positive body image for all students, pullovers and sweatshirts can be worn over a tucked in uniform top.
- No other colors or printed shirts will be allowed
- Students may wear only the top button of their shirts open
- Turtlenecks or mock turtlenecks are not allowed under/over the uniform. The school approved logo is placed on the left-hand side of the person wearing the garment.
NOTE: Maternity wear will consist of a white button-down blouse or a uniform shirt which will not be required to be tucked
- Bottoms shall consist of classic, traditional, straight leg dark khaki cotton twill uniform pants or walking shorts with a finished hem (side slits on hems are not allowed).
- All uniform bottoms must have a waistband with belt loops.
- No cargo pockets or flaps on back pockets are allowed on uniform bottoms.
- Bell-bottoms, boot cut, carpenter/cargo style pants, hip-huggers or jeans of any color and/or type are not allowed.
- Shorts must be no shorter than 2” above the knee
- This includes P.E. (Basketball) shorts
- The school reserves the right to check/measure when obviously too short
- No sweatpants/team travel sweats/warm-up pants can be worn over pants
- No jeggings/stretching type pants allowed as uniform pants.
NOTE: Maternity wear will consist of uniform colored maternity pants. Should uniform bottoms be worn, they must remain zipped and buttoned.
- Skirts, skorts, polo dresses and jumpers may be no shorter than 2“above the knee
- Girls may wear Red Polo dresses with white leggings underneath only and/or Khaki Jumpers with red polo.
- All girls must wear bloomers or shorts under their skirt, polo dress and jumpers.
- Leggings may be worn under skirts but must come down to the ankle
- Leggings must be white
- No pants, warmups, or sweatpants may be worn under or over skirts, skorts, shorts, polo dresses or jumpers.
NOTE: No tight or revealing clothing worn by any student will be tolerated.
- Only crew neck sweatshirts (no hoods) that are long sleeved with a monogrammed school logo are allowed to be worn over a uniform shirt in the grade approved color. (Sweatshirts can have zippers in the front.)
- A collared uniform shirt must be worn under all outerwear
- No other outerwear is allowed inside the building.
- Lightweight Jacket/Windbreaker/Coat (Without Hood)– All outerwear, except for sweatshirts, must zip, button, or snap from top to bottom and must not be longer than upper mid-thigh. Outerwear must be plain, solid-colored in red or dark navy blue with school-approved logo.
- Absolutely no dusters, trench coats, blankets, etc. Coats must be solid red or navy blue with no designs. The color must be according to grade level.
NOTE: No leather, synthetic leather, corduroy or suede coat or jacket will be allowed, unless school issued. NO HOODIES ARE ALLOWED! NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Only tennis shoes can be worn on campus.
- Students will be allowed to wear RRCA Spirit shirts on Fridays with uniform pants.
- Blue jeans without holes or worn spots may be worn ONLY when determined by the principal for rewards or fundraiser benefits. Jeans with holes or rips are not allowed even with leggings or patches behind the rip.
Student dress and grooming are not to adversely affect the students’ participation in classes, school programs, other school-related activities or detract from the learning environment of the school. Extremes in style and fit in student dress and extremes in style of grooming will not be permitted. Administrators are authorized to use their discretion in determining extremes in styles of dress and grooming and what is appropriate and suitable for school wear. No student shall wear, possess, use, distribute, display or sell any clothing, jewelry, emblem, blade, symbols, sign or other things which are evidence of affiliation with drugs, alcohol, violence or gang related activities or exhibits profane or obscene language/gestures. Policies regarding dress and grooming stress the importance of reducing distractions that inhibit learning and are addressed as an attempt to enhance the learning environment.
- Unusual facial make-up or adornments that may be considered to a possible disruption will not be allowed.
- Minimal make-up may be worn by FEMALE students ONLY if it is not disruptive of the academic environment.
- Proper undergarments must be always worn and never be exposed.
- Headdress articles will not be permitted at anytime
- These include but not limited to bandanas, curlers, caps, beanies, hats of any kind, bonnets, or headbands anywhere on campus. Headbands must be the uniform color with no emblems or exceed one inch. Other head ornaments such as Sunglasses (except by written permission of a doctor) or improper eyewear will NOT be permitted.
- No oversized clothing
- Sagging pants will not be permitted
- Pants with holes or slashes are not allowed even if the pants are lined with additional fabric.
- No trench coats of any kind.
- No Heavy chains, Spikes, Chokers
- No Nose or eyebrow piercings such as rings or studs (pretend or real)
- No Tongue rings or studs
- Body piercing of any kind exposed or covered is prohibited, except for pierced earrings for female students.
- No gauges in earlobes of any student.
- Male students may not wear earrings. This includes clip earrings, pierced earrings or studs, or any item used as a post in a pierced ear such as broom straws, pieces of plastic,
- Tattoos (permanent or temporary) are prohibited and must be
- Chains on wallets are prohibited.
- No pajama pants or pants that can be perceived as pajamas may be worn
- Hair color must be a natural hair color. If dyes, tints, or bleaches are used, the result must be a natural hair color. If in doubt, please contact administration, PRIOR to dying hair.
- Extensions and braids must also be of natural color.
- Design hair writing is prohibited, as well as, notching of the eyebrows
- Hair should be kept out of the eyes and off the collar for ALL male students except for religious or cultural reasons. Please have parent notify the school in writing for such reasons.
- All styles considered to be potentially disruptive cannot be listed; therefore, the school administration will determine whether a particular style is to be considered disruptive and inappropriate.
- If you have any questions as to whether something is permissible or not, the best policy is to ask first before you wear it to school. Administration has the final say over what is appropriate.
Belts – A black, brown, khaki, or blue belt must be worn or a plain belt with a buckle no larger than 2” x 3”. No studs will be allowed. The entire length of the belt must be worn inside the loops. Hanging of any part of the belt outside the belt loops is not allowed.
ID BADGES MUST BE WORN DAILY. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!
The principal, not uniform vendors, should address any questions about the dress code. Although it is impossible to anticipate all problems, distracting “fads” which disrupt the spirit, education, philosophy, or dignity of Red River Charter Academy will be unacceptable.
READY TO GET STARTED?
We are currently serving grades 6-10 for the 2021-22 School Year. We will add a grade up every year until we are serving grades 6-12!
Red River Charter Academy promotes high achievement in all subjects through a demanding curriculum, extensive support services, and the use of data-driven, best practice teaching methods. Let’s get started.
©2022 Red River Charter Academy.