RRCA uses all tier one curriculum as set forth by the Louisiana Department of Education.
Our curriculum will include:
- Middle School: All things 6th-8th grade
- High School: All things Algebra; All things Geometry; Business Math
- My Perspective from grades 6-11; grade 12 is English for Careers
- IQWST / LDOE Framework & Curriculum
- Social Studies – LDOE Framework & Curriculum
- RTI- (SuccessMaker and iLit) – for Middle and High School Students to work at their level to bridge any learning gaps and/or enrich student knowledge beyond their grade level!
- Electives – Proximity Learning
The curricula will provide the following:
- A well-rounded curriculum that emphasizes teaching how to think and not what to think in order to foster life-long learning.
- Implement a contextual curriculum where the subjects are coordinated to co-support each other under a formal educational structure of how science, technology, engineering, mathematics and the broad spectrum of the arts, all relate to one another in reality.
- Emphasize hands-on, real world approaches to increase motivation, relevance and achievement for our students as well as foster their natural curiosity in the world around them.
- Utilize inquiry and place-based learning as a core process to develop critical thinking and facilitate and demonstrate learning.
- Preserve in students a sense of attachment to their surroundings in order to develop active, productive community citizens who recognize their role and responsibility to themselves, their neighbors, and the world.
- Develop partnerships with local and regional resources to build stronger working relationships among educators, parents and other community members.
- Foster parental partnerships to encourage collaboration in a supportive, resource-rich learning environment.
READY TO GET STARTED?
RRCA will be serving grades 6-12 for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year.
Red River Charter Academy promotes high achievement in all subjects through a demanding curriculum, extensive support services, and the use of data-driven, best practice teaching methods. Let’s get started.
©2023 Red River Charter Academy.